Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bittersweet



Tonight could have been the hardest night for me yet. Although I had a great night parading the streets of Chinatown all in good company of art, friends and spirits, what paraded back home was far more special. Once again our sanctuary was packed with all of our dearest friends and family for Nic's last DFiVE9 show and his going away party. Although I was strongly tempted to fly home for a few short hours so I could be there to embrace the moment, I knew tonight was for him and not for my surprise appearance. So here I lie, on my air mattress alone with the exception of a lizard (for reals) I found in the kitchen hiding behind a bottle of wine. I will call him DFiVE9. I miss you Portland.

p.s. Shan, Google DFiVE9 under images.

1 comment:

  1. sigh. So much good happened on every one of those nights, and the nights leading up to those nights. They live cozy and snuggled in the middle of my heart. muah.

    PS: I picture you laying on the air mattress petting the lizard, who is perched on your chest and a bottle of our champagne next to you with no glass. :)

    ReplyDelete