Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Touch Down!

I am not sure what to be more shocked about. The fact that I have actually created a blog or the fact that I now live in Hawaii. This is for the countless times that Shannon has said, "Dude, just read my blog!" Okay and let's face it. Blogging really does become effective for long distance relationships.

Speaking of which today is my first da
y on the island. I won't go into detail on how I got here or why as this canvas is intended to document this journey from this day forward. I do anticipate, however, that much of my cherished life I left in Portland will be revealed through many of these entries.

I landed in Honolulu at 11:43 am (Hawaii time) from PDX. The flight went great other than the old lady next to me who snored for five hours. I picked up my rental car which is about two points better than a golf cart. (I swear the maximum speed this thing is about 7
5 mph before parts start flying off.) That probably is a good thing though considering my stellar driving record.

Anxious to see my temporary apartment I headed straight for Waikiki where I will be staying for the next month. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in as I was expecting to share a bed with the roaches for the price I paid for this place. As most of you know, Hawaii is not a cheap place to live. It only took me about 20 min. before I took down half of the decor. I am pretty sure they decorated this place in 1985 and haven't touched it since. My favorite space of the apartment is of course the lanai. I have a view of the canal, city and ocean! Plus, at 36 floors up I am pretty sure I can see Portland from here too.

After I unloaded my 1000 lbs of luggage I headed out to Safeway to get some snacks and household goods for my new pad. It is a good thing they sell hard liquor in grocery stores down here because the cost of food in Hawaii will make you want to drink yourself stupid. You might as well give your first born away for a gallon of milk. The good news is that they had a sale on hot pockets.

After Safeway stole my money I headed back to 3618 to enjoy the sunset and a cold Coors Light. Although the sunset was beautiful, it's lonely here. I am considering buying a volleyball that I can later name Wilson so I have someone to talk to.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safe. Love your blog Shannon will be very proud of you. I miss you already but looking at your pictures I can not wait till January, this momma is due a vacation and some serious beach time. Hilarious about Wilson but I think you should get one so we can play a little beach volleyball when we come see you guys. Hope you are not too busy this weekend so you can enjoy some beach time and take it all in. Have fun and I will talk to you soon.

    PS your hubby misses you very much, i talked to him yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud!

    but now I'm crying.

    good job, my friend. welcome to your new home. Lets plan a night last next week and we'll have a coors light together on our phones.

    if you put some glitter on your volleyball, you can call it Strippy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Not only did you create a blog, but you're like, a really good writer, LaFeev! Keep them coming!

    P.S. Now we just need to get you hooked up with G chat. It takes about 30 seconds. And then you can show off your tan. And your apartment. And your glitter Strippy volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS my love!!! While I am still skeptical of the blogosphere in general, I love that I get to keep up with you and your new life a little. Plus, you are hilarious.

    Just keep going to Safeway - you'll meet people there. ;-)

    Love you & can't wait to see your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you very much, and it feels very empty here without you. Oct 5 will be here soon enough though:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll send you a care package of various snacks. BTW, I can set you and Shannon up with video chat if you like.

    ReplyDelete