Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School

Yesterday was my first day back to work and at my new job. I was of course nervous going in mostly because this is the keystone to our move to Hawaii. The minute I walked into the showroom I remembered every reason why I was so excited to be working for this new company. John Judy if you are reading this you are going to salivate over my new office. This place drips with sexy furniture. Here is just one of the lines I will be working with B&B Italia.

Everyone greeted me with a smile and there is a good handful of people that already have invited to me social functions with them and their friends. Tomorrow night I am attending a fashion show with a couple of the girls after work. Our showroom also has a fancy restaurant in it, wine bar and event hall that turns into a club during the weekends (I know, weird) so I am feeling quite confident that I will be able to meet lots of people just by being at work. A couple of my co-workers are from Seattle and Portland so we have had a chance bro down about NW living.

Fun Hawaii fact for the day: Hawaii is a billboard free state. State laws prohibit any type of billboard or large signage and advertising anywhere, even on street signs. I think even Wal-Mart's sign is in an 8pt font. Searching for street signs, addresses and building names has really been fun. I have become a master at U turns.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. I'm going to get a Strippy Longstocking spot in one of the fashion shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you giantess, Well Nic is just going to emphasize this with his all about 5’7” maybe 5’8” with shoes. If this job doesn’t work out perhaps you can be come a pineapple picker since you won’t need a ladder…

    ReplyDelete
  3. The B&B website alone left me mildly aroused. The thought of you making u-turns left me terrified.

    ReplyDelete