Friday, September 4, 2009

Day Two

You know you are in paradise when you wake up to a rainbow over your bed. I always tried to convince Shannon that she and John should move with us because Hawaii has rainbows and unicorns. Well Shan, here is proof #1.

I woke reddy to seek and destroy. My mission is to find a permanent place for Nic and I to live before he gets down here in October. I ventured out to several different areas and districts and then I hit jack pot...China Town.

During the day it's like farmer's market on steroids. All types of vendors line the streets and fill the stores with the delicious produce, fresh fish, meat, etc. It also has giant food courts where you can buy anything from pig's brains to shaved ice. Nic is going to love it. The night scene in China Town was aslo a treat. Some of the most adorable bars I have been in to with live music and martinis for $4. I have a feeling that we will be spending a lot of our time in this area. Mostly because Nic looks Chinese.

After a full day of exploring I went home to get ready for a bachelorette party for an ex-coworker of mine who is getting married here on Saturday. I am getting way too old for these type of things. I was by far the oldest one there...by like 100 years. I did make good use though of my penis straw by donating it to a homeless lady. I am sure some how she will figure out how to transform it into a crack pipe.
By 1 am (and I am still on Pacific Standard time so like 4 am) I decided I had enough Abercrombie and Fitch and called it a night. Now, there a good things and bad things about Hawaii. One of the good things is that there are not any spiders and very few snakes here. The bad news is there are cockroaches that you could probably put a saddle on. This was waiting for me when I got home.







3 comments: