Friday, March 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home Chapter I

Nic and I went back to PDX for 5 days for his sister's wedding. It was my first trip back since I have moved to the island. I was excited to go and plug back into my old life, which I miss dearly. We took the red eye out of HNL Tuesday night and landed in PDX about 7am the next morning. From that moment on it was the Amazing Race to see how many friends and events we could pack into the next 5 days which is why I am going to have to break this post down by chapters.

On Wednesday afternoon I made a visit to my old work. It was great to see the faces that I used to spend 70% of days with. I also payed a visit to Shannon's new fancy office which just so happens to be about 5 blocks from my old work. (That would have been dangerous.) After making my downtown rounds I kid napped Henry for a sleepover and doggy date.

Okay, here's where it gets good. On Wednesday we had family dinner and my parents threw me a belated birthday party. For those of you who have ever joined us for family dinner you know that we aren't talking casseroles and grace. We're talking a guaranteed hangover the next day. At one point Phyl and I decided to master a circus move that we planned on performing at Deb's wedding:

Nic and Dad decided to compose a song for the wedding:



And I think I captured the world's best Yahtzee dance:


2 comments:

  1. Deb is so lucky, we could have ruined her wedding a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Shannon on this one. I would love to play I spy with this but I can't get past the dancing.

    ReplyDelete