Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Garden Isle

As an early birthday present Nic surprised me with a trip to Kauai. I have heard many people say that this is the most beautiful island and sure enough, it was breath taking. Every corner you turned around felt like you were looking at a Walgreen's puzzle. Also John I think this is your island as there were chickens everywhere! Beautiful ones. We stayed at a fancy resort called Kauai Beach Resort complete with a breathtaking view of the ocean, 4 pools and oh yes, a water slide. We pretty much had the entire resort to ourselves so we made good use of the amenities.
Our first day was spent doing what we do best...drinking by the pool and rolling the dice. Ironically the only other couple at the pool that day ended being a couple from Gladstone, Or. Go figure. (They were Korean of course). On day two we rented a car and explored the island. I love doing this with Nic and we have a good system down. We always rent a Seabring convertible (b/c it screams sophisticated couple) plug in our ipod, drop the top and off we go exploring. We found so many great nooks and crannies, caves, private beaches and great food. We have decided that Kauai is our new Eaglecrest.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided I am going to play "I spy" with your pictures as much as I can and put in your own guesses so here it goes.

    Tray: I spy
    Kim: can you talk to it
    Tray: yes
    Kim: is it sleeping
    Tray: yes

    ReplyDelete