Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Surprise

This is a simple post but one worth sharing. Plus, it's about how awesome my husband is and I don't think I express that enough.

We both have never really been one to celebrate Valentine's Day but this year I was feeling extra guilty because I had to work so I went ahead and made us dinner reservations at one of the top Italian restaurants here. (he's a Guido after all). Done. Valentine's Day, check!

During that day I was explaining to someone how I don't think I have ever received flowers from Nic. Not that he doesn't do nice things for me all the time (like cook me every meal) but flowers have never really been his thing with me. To my surprise he picked me up from work with a dozen roses in hand! We had some time to kill before dinner which I figured we would just go grab a drink somewhere before hand. He ended up taking me down to the beach where we watched the sunset together and drank champagne. It was perfect! And if that wasn't enough he then surprised me with an early birthday gift which was two tickets to Kauai! Needless to say my lame attempt at Valentine's which was making dinner reservations looked pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. so are you going to use that second ticket for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NNNNNNNNIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Makes our VDay look like a pile of puke.

    ReplyDelete