Saturday, May 1, 2010

Honeymooners

Yet again another leap of absence from blogging which usually means more time spent at the office than I like. I have been taking on some design projects outside of my daily grind in the showroom which have been super fun, but I find myself now working at least 6-7 days a week. My tan is suffering severely and my workouts have resulted into a 10 min. jump roping session. In the midst of all of it Mark and Deb (Nic's sister and newly awesome husband) were here visiting us for the past couple weeks. In the few short hours I had to spend with them we had a blast! One of the beauties about people visiting you is that you really get time do know one another, even if it is just over making scrambled eggs together in the morning before work.

Our favorite day together was spend in Kailua which is our favorite town in Oahu. We started off boogie boarding at the beach.







And then we realized we needed a Coor's light while boogie boarding. Just about the time we cracked the can, a large "sneaker wave" attacked us and we lost our beer.



I had to peel off for a 2 o'clock meeting but that didn't keep us from partying later on. We wrapped up the evening back in Kailua at our favorite dive bar "The Palace" where is was fist discovered on Tracy and Trevor's visit. Conveniently they were singing Karaoke that night and so Nic of course did a few numbers. The crowd at the bar loved his singing so much that they continued to buy us another round if Nic would stay and keep singing. I finally got up there and did a number and then after that they made me pay for my drink.

2 comments:

  1. At least they didn't make you pay them back for a full round. ;-) Cute bathing suit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Palace thank for the Christmas ornamnets.
    PS have you found a bird yet for your cage?

    ReplyDelete