Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Price of Paradise

FUCK! It is expensive here. According to Forbes living in Honolulu costs 55% more than living in the average U.S. city. (probably should have read that before I moved me and my husband here). And let me tell you why:

A carton of eggs is $3.99
Celery is $3.44 per lb.
Gas is $3.55 per gallon
The "$5 Footlong" is really $6
And there is no such thing as The Dollar Tree because there isn't a damn thing here you can buy for $1.00.

But, it is beautiful here.

3 comments:

  1. No shit it's expensive, I keep telling people that I had to buy peanut butter & jelly that was mixed together in one jar because I couldn’t afford them separately. But, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upside is you don't have to spend on lot on gas because how far can you drive? Also, you don't have to spend a lot on entertainment because THERE'S AWESOMENESS EVERYWHERE!

    Also, miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should move there and open up the Two Dollars Tree. I would sell used flip flops and smiles.

    ReplyDelete